Saturday 28 September 2013

Breakfast with Satish Kumar

Another beautiful spring day and I was invited to attend my son Gary Gorrow interviewing Satish Kumar at the home of Jamie Durie in Bilgola.  My contribution to the breakfast was to make a healthy quinoa and chia porridge for 20.

Gary Gorrow, Satish Kumar and Jamie Durie

I didn't know anything about Satish and I found myself deeply touched listening to this inspiring man as he shared his personal journey.  His dedication to service and action was awe inspiring.  He spoke of nature and that we are not just part of  nature we are nature.  Nature and resurgence a cycle of giving and receiving. The importance of being in the moment and taking action from that space. And his response as Gary asked him the role LOVE played in his life. I wanted to thank him for sharing his precious time with us all and so as soon as I could I took out a subscription to the magazine Resurgence of which he is the editor.

1 comment: